Roof Insurance Claim
Roofing Professionals has helped homeowners process over 10,000 claims to re-roof their homes. We are one of the most efficient roofing contractors in America. We help our homeowners through the process of inspecting the roof, filing a claim and re-roofing their homes.
If you were in the path of a storm recently, here’s what you can expect to happen if you call Roofing Professionals for help:
- Your roofing professional will perform a 22-point inspection and documentation on your roof and surrounding areas of your home.
- If damage is found, it will be suggested that you file a claim with your homeowner’s insurance company for damage.
- Once a claim is filed, you will set an appointment for an insurance adjuster to come inspect your roof for the damage.
- Your roofing professional will be at the adjuster’s meeting to make sure all damage found at the previous inspection is pointed out.
- If the adjuster approves the claim and pays for roof replacement, your adjuster will give you their estimate and first check for repairs.
- Your roofing professional will go over the estimate with you, discussing your options for replacement products and sign a contract with you.
- Once the contract is signed with product and color choices and the first check has arrived, we will order product materials. Roofing Professionals will install your roof before the 2nd check (the remainder of the claim amount) arrives. You owe us the remainder of the balance once your insurance checks come in.
- When the materials are delivered, one of our professional roofing crews will install your new roof system. This can take 1/2 a day or 2 days, depending on the size of the roof. Your roofing professional will be there to answer any questions or concerns.
- Once the job is done, we will send your insurance company a final invoice stating that all work per the insurance estimate was completed.
- Your insurance company will send you the 2nd check (usually the remainder of the claim amount).
- Pay your roofing professional the remainder of the balance on the contract and we will then send you your 5 year workmanship warranty.
Hail Damage Roof Facts
- Hail and wind CAN damage your roof. It is not visible from the ground. Your contractor will be able to document any damage with photos and show it to you after the inspection.
- It is important to have your roof inspected by a contractor before you contact your insurance company.
- The contractor you select should be licensed and insured.
- The contractor should have knowledge in dealing with insurance claim work.
- Your contractor will give a professional opinion on whether to file a claim or not.
- If you file a claim, your insurance claim adjuster will call you to set up an appointment for inspection.
- Let your contractor know when the meeting is so that the contractor can meet with the adjuster to explain the damage found.
Your adjuster will either approve or deny your claim. Filing a claim comes at NO COST to you. Your insurance premium will not be raised, even if damage is found. This is because hail and wind damage are considered Acts of Nature, and therefore come from no fault of your own.
If you are looking for a personal roofing professional that wants to be your contractor for life, not just one meeting, please call Roofing Professionals today.